Pages

December 31, 2016

NY Is #1 - In People Moving Out

New census estimates reveal that over the past six years, the Empire State had a net loss of about 847,000 people to other states. That's more of a domestic migration loss than any other state in the country, putting New York first in the census category.
Well over three quarters of a million people have told NY to stuff it. That's like the population of the entire three county Capital District - gone. Good work NY. Three of my daughters and all of my grand children live in NY. That's the only reason why we're still here.

Story here.

3 comments:

LL said...

My children and grandchildren all live in CA and I'm still leaving for AZ. Within driving distance to be sure, but out of the worker's paradise.

sig94 said...

LL - Goodonya! But my better half needs perhaps a little more persuading...

I hope you get the price you want on your present residence. I'm not so sure here.

LindaG said...

I feel for you. I have never wanted to see NY. Never wanted to visit NY. And since all the Big Brother laws that have been enacted (no super-size-me anything, etc.), I will never do so, if I have my way.

I hope you can convince your significant other that you could still visit your kids, unless they wake up and move, too (but then you could still visit). BIL lives in NC. Some of his kids/grandkids live in Colorado. It could happen..

I wish you and yours a safe, blessed New Year.