Pages

June 19, 2010

Fathers' Day

Tomorrow is Fathers Day and I will be thinking of my Dad. It's been well over three decades since I embraced him, saw him play with his dog, or sleepily heard him head off to work at 3 A.M.

He was a special guy with a craftsman's soul. He was imperfect, opinionated, and stubborn. Those were three of his gifts to me. But he was also the bravest man I've ever known.

He was a romantic husband and stern father who literally worked himself to death for his family.

Tomorrow, and every other day, he will be in my thoughts.

Happy Fathers' Day to you all.

11 comments:

Wetzy said...

My dad really is my best friend. I can always depend on him.

Anonymous said...

My father was the silliest man I ever knew. I miss his awful puns and his practical jokes. He was a wonderful man.

WomanHonorThyself said...

what a sweet post Nickie..God bless ya and the memories you have~!

Opus #6 said...

Sweet post, Nick.

sig94 said...

My Dad passed away on Fathers Day, 1990. Oh yeah, not a day goes by, Nickie, not a day.

WoFat said...

My favorite photo of my father was one of him in his WWII uniform. I think everything after that was just coasting for him.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

God Bless all dads! For witout them and thier better halfs where would we be?

I love and miss my dad; a teacher,mentor,best friend and veteran!!!

Weight Loss Success Stories said...

Wish you happy Father's day 2010 and also for all my friends.

Weight Loss Success Stories

Fredd said...

Your dad looks just like Desi Arnaz, Nickie. I'll bet back in the day, he had to beat the ladies back with a stick.

Nice post, BTW.

Keads said...

Nice post! My Father is still with us and I cherish that! Happy Fathers Day to you!

michaela hoenigman said...

Another nice tribute to another father that showed his love through hard work. It is a priceless lesson that not many get to learn.