The President of the United States just openly aided and abetted terrorists by warning them that a warrant has been authorized for their arrest as the result of a federal sealed indictment. They are already crawling under a rock somewhere in some God-forsaken shithole. Good luck finding them...
President Obama, who’s taken heat for his administration’s crackdown on national security leaks, Friday acknowledged a sealed indictment in the Benghazi attack case and its disclosure to the press.Story here.
Obama probably won’t spend his vacation next week worrying about a contempt citation, but it was a notable slip for the ex-law professor.
This week CNN broke news of sealed indictments in the September 11, 2012 attack on U.S. outposts in Libya that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens, foreign service officer Sean Smith and ex-Navy SEALs Ty Woods and Glen Doherty.
The report was attributed to anonymous officials briefed on the case, and CNN noted the looming anniversary of the attacks.
During Friday’s White House press conference Fox News’ Ed Henry likewise cited the passage of 11 months since the attack and asked whether the perpetrators would be brought to justice.
“Well, the -- I also said that we'd get bin Laden and I didn't get him in 11 months. So we have informed, I think, the public that there's a sealed indictment,” Obama said.
Under federal criminal rules posted online by the Cornell University Law School, “no person may disclose the (sealed) indictment's existence except as necessary to issue or execute a warrant or summons.”
Disclosure of the existence of a sealed grand jury document “may be punished as a contempt of court.”
The Justice Department, along with the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s Office and the FBI’s New York Field Office -- officially responsible for the Benghazi investigation at its outset -- each declined to comment on the reports earlier this week.