Pages

November 3, 2013

Gentle Persuasion


Here is an interesting story about the conversion of a media personality from atheism to Christianity. It took months and months for Kirsten Powers to become a believer, but this process is neither amazing nor extraordinary. It is an example of the inexorable will of our Savior.
Just seven years ago, if someone had told me that I'd be writing for Christianity Today magazine about how I came to believe in God, I would have laughed out loud. If there was one thing in which I was completely secure, it was that I would never adhere to any religion—especially to evangelical Christianity, which I held in particular contempt.
Romans 8:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of 
his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Story here.

H/T  I'm 41.

4 comments:

Doom said...

Even Satan and his cohorts know God, and better than we can. I watch this woman lie, weasel, and twist the truth, often. Oh, I will pray for her. It takes more than just knowing, it takes doing. That is between her and God, but by the fruits, as well. So far, I do know her by those.

I had to come to realizations, but then make hard choices. I hope she does both before she loses the opportunity. No, I'm not saying I am free and clear, I still have to do both, and am doing so as best as I can. Only... I don't think she has hit it yet. I see no change in her rhetoric or beliefs.

sig94 said...

Doom - Except for football, I stopped watching Fox a loong time ago. Anything said on Fox is suspect as far as I'm concerned. But she does make a profession of faith.

Now, is her profession of faith incompatible with the views she expresses on the air? Perhaps, perhaps not. Is everything I say compatible with my faith? I am ashamed to say ... no.

She will have to answer for everything she says, just like everyone else.

Doom said...

There is a difference between being personally wrong, and being wrong as a public statement to the masses. You and I cannot lead people astray, only ourselves. She has the mic.

Other than that, fair enough.

sig94 said...

Doom - one thing - if she is honest about her profession, I would watch her career. I don't think a truly committed Christian can last long in the media.