Pages

April 8, 2015

Back To The Future

Congratulations Obama,  we're living in 1965 again.

For those of you too young to remember 1965, that was the year that my favorite Chevy Impala was made. My dad borrowed my Uncle Joe's '65 Impala to drive me to college in 1967. His had the black vinyl top.





I was driving a 1965 Tempest when I graduated from college in 1971 . This was another great car;  I bought it from an upstate NY farmer for $600 in 1970. Yeah - it was that color, a 4 dr.

Other things in 1965 weren't so great. The threat of nuclear war was one of them.

And that's where we are again. I can remember waking up in a cold sweat as a kid when the sirens went off at night. I didn't know if they were being used to summon the volunteer firemen to the station house or the harbinger of a nuclear strike directed at NYC only 45 miles away.
Washington (AFP) - The US military command that scans North America's skies for enemy missiles and aircraft plans to move its communications gear to a Cold War-era mountain bunker, officers said.

The shift to the Cheyenne Mountain base in Colorado is designed to safeguard the command's sensitive sensors and servers from a potential electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack, military officers said.

The Pentagon last week announced a $700 million contract with Raytheon Corporation to oversee the work for North American Aerospace Command (NORAD) and US Northern Command.

Admiral William Gortney, head of NORAD and Northern Command, said that "because of the very nature of the way that Cheyenne Mountain's built, it's EMP-hardened."

"And so, there's a lot of movement to put capability into Cheyenne Mountain and to be able to communicate in there," Gortney told reporters.

"My primary concern was... are we going to have the space inside the mountain for everybody who wants to move in there, and I'm not at liberty to discuss who's moving in there," he said.

The Cheyenne mountain bunker is a half-acre cavern carved into a mountain in the 1960s that was designed to withstand a Soviet nuclear attack. From inside the massive complex, airmen were poised to send warnings that could trigger the launch of nuclear missiles.
Thanks for the memories, Obama, you incompetent, traitorous POS.

Story here.

4 comments:

LL said...

When the nation elected Barack to a second term, I knew that it would get worse. I didn't know how much worse, but I'm glad that I didn't know then. I would have been more depressed.

Fredd said...

21 more months. Only 21 more months of Barry in charge, but it could be a pretty hairy 21 months.

Barry could do a lot of damage in 21 months. Serious damage.

sig94 said...

But will the lofo voters learn? I doubt it.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Thanks Obama !