Pages

October 29, 2009

After The Obamalypse

This is future news. He's exhausted his suppy of rent subsidies, unemployment insurance, welfare, education loans, mortgage assistance, heating fuel subsidy; food stamps.

He's dead so his enrollment in the Public Option is void. He's pawned all his Obama collectibles - the trading cards, the Obama Chia head, the faux-gold Obama image coins, the Obama mood rings, the high- quality synthetic human Obama, his vintage 1978 Pet Rock, the collectible Spenser Gifts catalogue and the grinning Jimmy Carter peanut-head coin bank.

What really stinks about his world is the Woolworth's behind him! Is that the only store left? It probably doesn't even have a soda fountain.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Rhod, in Obama's America, Woolworth's is too big to fail. But Obama isn't. Dude.

Timeshare Jake said...

You forgot the Obama panties and eu de parfum. Those are essentials for the Obama collector.

Rhod said...

Spicey Acorn After Shower Splash and the High Rider Obamathong?

Anonymous said...

It can only ride just so high and then it becomes an ObamaTruss.

Rhod said...

Truss? I learned what a truss was from an advertisement on the back of a DC comic book in 1952. DC was modelling one.

Opus #6 said...

No talk about Trusses! I am putting my foot down.

At first I thought the sign said "lying", not "living".

Anonymous said...

Ope, you have again wielded the scepter of good taste. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Rhod, I remember the ad. I remember his haircut.

Anonymous said...

I go away for a day and I see I am the brunt of all jokes. What gives? But then again ... I leave for 5 minutes and Nick and Rhod are trying to give me a wedgie.

Was the dude in the picture the guy who got the crap beat out of him the other day?

BTW, these are the best comments on the internets, I tell you.

Rhod said...

Me, too, Nickie. It was white walls with Vitalis securing the lush nest at the crown. You could almost smell the Witch Hazel and talc.

Opie, we'll forge ahead with potty mouths flapping unless you put your foot through the computer.

DC, it hurts us more than it hurts you. Well, maybe it hurts Nickie. I enjoy it.

Opus #6 said...

Rhod, consider it put.