Pages

January 9, 2010

Michael Steele's LOSER Mentality


from Bloviating Zeppelin

Republican Chairman Michael Steele can go straight to hell.

First, he says the GOP has no chance of winning the House or Senate back.

Then he tells fellow Republicans and potential donors to "shut up" if we don't care for his tactics and actions.

This is a LOSER's mentality and Mr Steele needs to be fired, just as he suggests in an interview with St. Louis ABC radio station KTRS on Thursday. Steele said:

“I’m telling them and I’m looking them in the eye and say I’ve had enough of it. If you don’t want me in the job, fire me. But until then, shut up. Get with the program or get out of the way.”

Mr Steele, I'm sorry, it isn't "all about you." Here is the interview:

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Lashes Out at Critics on ABC News Radio from ABC News Radio on Vimeo.


RNC Chairman Michael Steele Lashes Out at Critics on ABC News Radio from ABC News Radio on Vimeo.

Already the pundits are weighing in:

Mr Steele hasn't done the GOP any favors whatsoever. All this has done is make the GOP look incredibly foolish and has begged the perfect "setup question" for every Republican faced with their own interview: "So," the DEM/MSM interviewer will say, "Mr Steele thinks you're all losers."

Mr Steele? Go to hell. You're fired. You clearly don't want any cash from me in the future.

...This is a dead Whig horse. Tea party power activate!

13 comments:

LL said...

The Republican Party has barely more credibility than the Democratic Party in my opinion.

Steele: lead, follow or get out of the way.

Anonymous said...

There is no way that a Steele-led party will win anything.

Unknown said...

The majority of conservatives though Steele was a horrible choice. Steele however, has some how not lived up to our no existent expectations. The man we thought would do a poor job has surprised us by doing an even worse job. I can see him and Ryan Leaf doing a show on VH1 in two years.

Anonymous said...

Tres... Don't leave out JaMarcus.

Anonymous said...

George J, that describes me. Thanks!

Opus #6 said...

We need leadership. I don't see it from Steele.

Anonymous said...

A leader must energize and inspire. Case closed.

Rhod said...

Right, George. He's also clean and articulate.

Hoping the Blind Will See said...

I'm not sure of Steele's motivation - perhaps it's to generate some controversy to help sell his book. And God knows I'm not the biggest Steele fan - he's not conservative enough for me. However, he is trying to meld the McCain faction, the DeMint/McConnell faction, and the Graham/Hutchinson faction into something that mainstream America can embrace. That's a difficult task given the various "degrees" of conservatism and moderation throughout the different states. I KNOW we need to secure significant pick-ups in Congress in 2010, but they need to be the right pick-ups as well. We can't afford 6 more years of some ineffective leadership because we didn't choose the right candidates to run. I agree time is getting short, and Steele needs to get his house in order, but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus just yet.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I've been saying it all along ... He's an F***ing RINO !

The Born Again American said...

Doesn't that comment sound eerily similar to Obama's "get out of the way and let us clean up the mess"?

I don't think this is the leadership the GOP needs and it's not because he is black...

sig94 said...

Steele needs to be force fed a big, steaming mug of STFU and then beaten unconscious with the mug.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Nickie, thanks for the shout-out!

Mr Steele: just go away and sell your book.

BZ