Pages

September 13, 2013

Useful Things

"If at first you don't succeed, change the packaging and sell it as something else."
~sig94

There are any number of inventions that started off as an attempt to accomplish one purpose, failed but were then realized as accomplishing something completely different. WD-40 is perhaps the most well known (a water displacer), but there are others.

Super Glue - developed to be used for clear plastic gun sites during WWII.


Listerine - surgical antiseptic and treatment for venereal disease.


Kotex - battlefield dressing for soldiers.


More here.

3 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I do not or have ever had venereal disease in my mouth ... I don't think.

sig94 said...

Odie - I don't doubt it for a second. Your teeth are dazzling white.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I carry Kotex in my CERT emergency bag, as a dressing for wounds. We also stocked some when my husband was on blood thinners just in case he nicked himself and started bleeding a lot.