A heart transplant costs about a million dollars. And of course this nitwit gets one because it's raaaaacist not to waste a fortune on some knucklehead. I don't feel sorry for this POS nor for his family.
Heart transplant recipient, 17, dies in high-speed police chase crash - two years after hospital nearly denied him new organ because of his bad behavior
Anthony Stokes died on Tuesday after he crashed a stolen car into a pole while fleeing from the scene of an attempted burglary in Roswell, Georgia
- He had fired at an elderly woman after breaking into her home
- Less than two years ago, he was given a life-saving heart transplant
- He was initially denied the surgery because doctors said he had previously failed to take medication so would be 'non-compliant' with the treatment
- But they changed their minds following pressure from civil rights groups and the boy's family, who said he had been stereotyped as a troubled teen
A teenager who received a life-saving heart transplant two years ago after initially being denied because of his bad behavior has died following a high-speed car chase with police.
- After the transplant, he said he was grateful for a second chance at life
Anthony Stokes, 17, died on Tuesday after he crashed a stolen Honda into a pole as he fled the scene of an attempted burglary at an elderly woman's home in Roswell, Georgia.
His death comes less than two years after he was given a second chance at life following a heart transplant at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.
The boy, from Decatur, suffered from a dilated cardiomyopathy so his heart was unable to pump enough blood. The condition can lead to irregular heartbeats, blood clots or heart failure.Story here.