Pages

July 27, 2010

We Need Investors


DC, Rhod and I were a little late in jumping onto the Gold bandwagon. In a meeting last January, DC described gold as a "passing fancy" and Rhod kept insisting that we were now in perfect position to corner the beeswax market.

I decided to take the GOOMBA NEWS NETWORK in a different direction. GNN decided to 'Go Hollywood' and fund a major motion picture for a popular Cable-TV network. DC used his show business contacts to land Academy Award-Attendee Eric Roberts for the lead role, and Rhod penned one humdinger of a script under the nom de plume Mickey MacClean.

Now it's time for all of us to share this opportunity with all of you. During the next few weeks, I'll be contacting you all asking you to open your checkbooks in order to share in the profits from this exciting venture.

My friends... I assure you that this Science Fiction - Political Thriller will sweep the country as it rips the opaque veil from from the fetid features of Obama's Marxist paradise.

14 comments:

Rhod said...

I keep telling you, that script is old news, yesterday's jelly doughnut.

A Busby Berkeley musical of this concept is a sure thing. Roberts' upper lip is too weak; we need a Dewey Martin type, and let me pitch this...a big dance routine with the Journolist crowd...the Dance of the Jellyfish, with Spencer Ackerman doing some Eleanor Powell thing.

Think "Little Mermaid" with President Clam as the villain.

Sheesh, I gotta do everything?

LL said...

I see this production as a clever device by Rhod to get nubile, bikini clad, Hollywood starlets onto his casting couch.

Way to go, Rhod!

Rhod said...

LL, I haven't felt like that since Myrna Loy did a nude scene in that pre-Code Ramon Navarro film.

Anonymous said...

Smells like fish.

Anonymous said...

LL... wish that it were, wish that it were. Rhod's original proposal was to cast an all-cat ensemble for his song and dance project. He had discovered a neighborhood tabby that he swore bore a startling resemblance to Ruby Keeler.

Anonymous said...

Anon... Tuna, to be precise. It's part of Rhod's plan to revive his ill-fated Smell-o-Vision concept.

Subvet said...

Spare no expense! This thing might cost tens and tens of dollars to maintain the high cinematic standards already evident.

Anonymous said...

LL stole my comment ... something smells fishy. This is why you keep old people away from the internets.

This thing has a "Phantasm" feel to it.

Rhod said...

Smell-o-Vision was a great idea. We just has a minor set-back with that Marlon Brando mistake.

Rhod said...

As for the cats, a remake of "Rhubarb" would make millions.

Kid said...

I'm in ! As soon as I can figure out to what extent the HC bill, Hairy Reid's new Energy bill, The tax increases and to what extent I will need to spend to escape the fugliness of the democrats is going to cost me and my little TV only product business.

BTW- We've got a nice pair of 50 cent binoculars (a $100 value!) on special right now. One THOUSAND Percent magnification (That's 10 power!) They come with a free plastic telescoping spy glass suitable for watching Michelle's butt expand by the minute(A %50 value!) All for 19.95 and 40 bucks S&H! (A 3 dollar value...)

Rhod said...

Kid, how about colon cleanser? Do you have any of that?

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I hope I'm not too late, Nickie. Where do I send the check?

Kid said...

Hand delivered by Nana Pelosi