Drug dealers shot dead on the streets of the Philippines as president dubbed 'The Punisher' continues his war on drugs - with 300 gunned down this month alone
- Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte has been dubbed 'The Punisher' because of his war on drugs
- After winning elections in May this year he has urged citizens to kill suspected drug users and dealers
- Almost 300 people have been killed since the start of July and the death toll is set to rise even further
- 'We will not stop until the last drug lord, the last financier and the last pusher have surrendered,' Mr Duterte said
- Communications Office Secretary Martin Andanar said 60,000 drug dependents have surrendered to authorities
In a related story, the State of Colorado is experiencing the aftermath of loosening narcotics control laws.
Colorado Drug Overdoses Up In Almost Every County And Ahead Of National AverageAnother link, this time for Oregon:
Marijuana-related emergency room visits in Central Oregon have increased by 1,967 percent in recent years, according to St. Charles Health System. Area hospitals report steady increases in marijuana-sickened patients since at least 2010. The biggest spikes in illness started just before the drug was available for recreational purchase in October.