Pages

March 17, 2017

Apparently Kaepernick Is Dead To The NFL

Colin Kaepernick better have some good connections in the Canadian Football League because he's probably gonna find it tough getting another job in the NFL.

You may indeed ask "Why, pray tell, would a free agent social justice wannabe quarterback find it difficult to secure a lucrative appointment within a professional sports enterprise that is actively seeking the type of talented personnel that said quarterback once typified within his repertoire of skill sets?"

The answer is not difficult to find. The owners and managers of the aforementioned sports enterprises don't trust him, don't like him.
“He can still play at a high level,” an anonymous AFC general manager told Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman. “The problem is three things are happening with him.

“First, some teams genuinely believe that he can’t play. They think he’s shot. I’d put that number around 20 percent.

“Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or (President) Trump will tweet about the team. I’d say that number is around 10 percent. Then there’s another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

“Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can’t stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him.”
Story here.

7 comments:

Kid said...

The NFL and all sports are in the Entertainment genre. Anyone in the entertainment field who makes a political statement has immediately lost close to 50% of their fans.

I think they should all spout their political views 24/7.

At this point, the only thing I hate more than pro sports is a couple guys sitting around talking about pro sports on TV.

LL said...

I think that he's finished. Maybe he can sell insurance in San Francisco or work in a bath house handing out towels or something.

Doom said...

Actually, even coming out as Christian (especially a specific denomination or Catholic) hurts anyone.

Honestly, I wish I believed you. I think it is all exactly business and nothing more. Big money, team owners, players, don't care about anything other than the bottom line. It's pure business. Further, I am surprised they are considering this a bad bet. I know, and you know, they would lose money. But, as with media, including sports media such as ESPN, losing money is not a major issue these days, so long as they push the agenda. And, yeah, big sports is leftist driven because they use blacks.

Don't know, or care. I'll never watch football, basketball, baseball, or boxing again. Beside the agendas, is the fixing. Done. The kneeling monkey isn't even an issue, for me, at this point.

sig94 said...

Doom - bottom line or not, i think it's still the same thing. The kid is toast, anathema to the NFL. ESPN? I stopped watching them after they kicked Hank Williams Jr. from his opening song.

I knew a few professional players who played for Syracuse U. Good Christian men, one is now a pastor in Florida. They are not all greedy, selfish athletes, not at all. It's just those who make the headlines with their BS.

sig94 said...

LL - he can suck the farts out of the seats in Greyhound buses for all I care.

sig94 said...

Kid - I totally gave up on the MLB and the NBA. It's just real hard for me to give up the NFL.

Kid said...

Understood :)