Pages

September 4, 2009

More Cowbell - Louder Cowbell - Sincere Cowbell


David Axelrod as Christopher Walken

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Obama!
By Jonah Golderg (NRO)
"Obama will reportedly be “more specific,” but he won’t commit himself to any particular piece of legislation."
ABC News reports that Barack Obama has returned to Washington, only to step off the plane and “into his next domestic crisis.” He “planned to leave the details of health-care reform to Congress, but today the White House says he’ll play a much stronger role.” The Associated Press says Obama is “backing away” from his “‘it’s-all-on-the-table’ approach” and is “prepared to get louder and more involved in the details of a health care overhaul.” “This weekend,” NBC Nightly News explained in its lead story, “the president signaled an aggressive stance to put his personal stamp on the sweeping legislation.”

There’s only one problem. These stories were all reported nearly three months ago upon Obama’s return from his largely failed European mission. And yet, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that Obama’s planned address to a joint session of Congress next week “will insert the president into the heated debate in a way he has avoided all summer.” The Washington Post informed readers that the “White House is scrambling to take control of the health-care debate after watching from the sidelines.” A “senior aide” to Obama says the president will be “much more prescriptive.”

Why the White House press corps didn’t just change the date on their old copy and run it again is beyond me. And I’ll leave it to others to ponder the media’s seemingly infinite capacity to give Obama as many do-overs as he might need.

Why the Obama administration is determined to do the time warp again is easier to decipher. Obama’s advisers think the answer to every problem is more cowbell, if by “cowbell” you mean “Obama.” It’s like Obama guru David Axelrod is the Christopher Walken character from the Saturday Night Live skit about Blue Oyster Cult (if you don’t know the reference, Google “cowbell”).

Every time someone comes up with an alternative to throwing Obama on TV, Axelrod says, “No, no, no. Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription . . . is more Obama!”

(More...)

24 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Clearly, more of this over-hyped, empty suit is what America needs to change its mind about the Communist takeover of the health care industry.

innominatus said...

Imagine the crap we'd be in if Obama were a capable administrator with genuine leadership skills.

How I revel in the fact that 'bams is neither capable nor much of a leader.

Anonymous said...

Ope, somehow he believes his presence alone will win over the populace. They've seen his first act and I wonder if he even has a second act.

I find him condescending and glib.

Anonymous said...

Inno, I always thought he'd have a short shelf life. My fear is about the Chicago thugs he has surrounding him.

Obama was just a convenient tool to use for them to finally gain national power.

WomanHonorThyself said...

what a horrific predicament we are in with this piece of #$***$%%!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woman, you are so correct. Thank you for your ladylike discretion.

el chupacabra said...

I don't have a fever but, something may be coming on- I taste bile in the back of my mouth.
Uh oh, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

McGonagall said...

You people need to learn tolerance for diversity.

LL said...

Yeah, Nickie - more diversity, more capacity for change, more taxes to pay for the greater diversity and change... what the heck is wrong with Goomba?

Dear Leader is very upset when he reads these posts where you intimate that his presence (and perhaps leave to touch the hem of his trousers) won't HEAL AMERICA.

If you continue, I don't know whether or not Dear Leader will open the Pearly Gates for you when you die.

Anonymous said...

Chup, my man... fight the feeling.

Anonymous said...

Scun... Diversity of personal ethics?

Anonymous said...

LL, I make restitution at the alter of Obama every time I walk into the post office or pay sales tax.

Yes, LL, I pay money for the privilege of paying money.

USA_Admiral said...

The only thing the Obama commits to is Hope and Change with a side of "spreadin the wealth around a little".

I just hope there is enough lifeboats when his shit hips the iceberg.

Writer X said...

Isn't more cowbell bad for global warming?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Left Coast Rebel said...

Good Lord, does the man not know that his agenda may stand a chance if he shut his flappers? This is just ridiculous......then again I want him to keep talking!

Rhod said...

Tolerance simply means that you keep your opinion to yourself.

McGonagall said...

Nickie:

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Anonymous said...

Admiral, I sleep in a lifeboat. Just in case.

Anonymous said...

X, it's the cow that's bad. The bell will be allowed, for now.

Anonymous said...

Rhod, I got so much tolerance it's dripping from my ears!

Anonymous said...

There are more things in heaven and earth, Scunny, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Snarky Basterd said...

Lovely. The creator of hopeless change finally wants to get hands on, AFTER the situation is teetering out of control.

This guy sounds like the people I work for.

Except they don't want to exterminate me (since I make them money).

Anonymous said...

Dave, keep filling their pockets, my friend. For your own sake!

Trust me. I used to have bosses like that. The Bozzinelli Brothers. Don't ask.