Pages

January 30, 2010

Stand and be counted. Or not


Damn it! I just finished painting the living room...Guess I should have answered those census questions!


The Falsely Nice middle aged lady at my door last summer said she was from the census, handed me a card and stated that she was taking a GPS location for my front door. I asked her if it was for a JDAM. She looked at me funny, trying to figure out if I had just swore at her, but framed it like a question. The wheels turned for a few more seconds. Then the light came back to her eyes and stated she was done, and for me to have I nice day. Like she meant it. Probably a customer service worker out of a job and working for the 15 bucks an hour. Gravy work, compared to having to take peoples shit for half the wage. But she will have work for a year or so. Lot better than some folks.

So it is soon census time. For extra credit, does anyone remember what the Obama machine did right out the starting gate? They grabbed the control of the census from the Commerce Dept. and gave it to Rahm. Remember him? He is still there. Back then people were drunk with the hopey-changey kool-aid. Anybody who said anything was a hater and a sore looser.

Now I will ask, Why do they feel like they can go against the will of the people and pass laws and policies that look like economic and/or monumental stupidity on a criminal scale. It is like they do not fear getting re-elected. What is with that? Can any American remember anything like this in living history? Bueller? Bueller?

That is right. there is no other time in American politics where the Elected ones acted like hereditary Monarchy. Why the "I'm Invincible" act. WTF, Over?

...Let them eat cake! So...where is the booze?

Why is the census important?
How does the census affect the Republic? My state? My family?
What can you do to show your displeasure?
What can we do to make sure that this census will not be used against us, We the people. What can I do personally as well as part of a group?


These are answers for your head and your heart. And for those so inclined, prayer.

Below in FedGovDrone speak, also known as legalize is the law.

What have you Done for America today. You know, the one you used to know...

from uscode.house.gov

TITLE 13 - CENSUS
CHAPTER 7 - OFFENSES AND PENALTIES
SUBCHAPTER II - OTHER PERSONS

-HEAD-
Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

-STATUTE-
(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or
willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any
other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce
or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the
Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his
knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in
connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I,
II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to
the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or
farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not
more than $100.
(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a)
of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances
described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is
false, shall be fined not more than $500.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person
shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his
religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

...Flying census compliance missions (CCM) on my POS. Time to un-ass my AO.

So, Now what do we do?

20 comments:

LL said...

There is only one question you're obliged to answer based on the Constitution and that's the head count.

The rest is mandated on a false premise. I do understand there is a statute that covers the overly intrusive census. It still doesn't make it "legitimate".

Anonymous said...

In this atmosphere it will serve to further alienate the masses. Believe me... there will be resistance to the census, and the government will issue threats. We'll learn of absurd punishment for rightly-paranoid citizens.

I can't believe I've lived to see this. Somewhere, George Patton is spinning like a lathe.

Chris W said...

The only answer they are getting out of me is 2.

They can try to fine and prosecute me all they want, but that is all they are getting

Anonymous said...

When this thing begins there will bw a lot of cases of FUing the government.

Weyzy said...

Last time I threw away everything they sent me. When someone finally ame to my house I said I would fill it out and put it in the mail. I threw it away. It won't be that easy this time.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to advise anyone what questions to answer or not answer, however, based on my own experience with the last census, I strongly recommend that if you send your census in by mail, send it in by registered mail and demand a confirmation of receipt.

The last census I sent mine in by mail and thought that was that. A couple of months later, a census taker came knocking on my door. I told him I had sent my census form in already. He said he didn't have any record of it. I told him that that was his problem not mine and refused to let him into my house and refused to talk to him at all. Once he left, I called the local census office and reported the incident. I heard nothing more from them.

Given the new "get tuff" attitude of the Census Bureau, I am definitely take a cover my ass attitude towards this thing.

-George

Opus #6 said...

George J, I like your idea.

Anonymous said...

George J. Your comment has me playing with all kinds of ideas.

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

Well I tend to agree with both George J. and Chris W.

I have no clue as to how it will work now that the White House is running it but one can imagine.

The fasle story out of Kentucky is just the beginning of the propaganda that is intended to scare the populous into submission.

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

Got my Sharps Rifle. It is all I need. Right after I show the census worker my blue ID card. That being the one that says US Navy, Retired.

sig94 said...

They cannot handle millions of non-compliant citizens.

Yet.

That's the Brown Shirt option in future stimulus spending.

Subvet said...

We're starting to see the reason our Founders thought the 2nd Amendment so important.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I have saved $200.00 ... half for the fine and the other half for the Second Amendment accessories.

sig94 said...

Odie - I anticipate that the $100 fine is not the end of it. You will also receive a fiscal colonoscopy form the IRS.

Anonymous said...

Here are just a couple of other random thoughts on the subject...

If a census taker comes to your door:

1) Demand to see identification. Copy down his/her full name as well as what identification document they produced and who the issuing agency was.

2) Take a picture of the census taker. If you have a blog post the picture and as much information about him/her as you can find on it.

3) If the census taker insists on talking to you, have someone video tape the whole conversation! IF they object, politely ask them to leave.

4) If they want to enter your home and you don't want to, make them get a search warrant - any forms or questions they would like answered, they can ask them on the sidewalk - especially if the weather is inclement!

5) Above all, and this should just be common sense, if get their proper ID BEFORE opening your door to them! If they don't provide ID, lock the door, get your guns and call 911.

6) One last thought... You might want to make up some kind of official looking for with a question like the following: "I am __ Am not associated with ACORN or any of its affiliates." And see if you can get them to sign it!

Above all else, document everything! Dates, times, names etc.

-George

ofra@israel said...

i think its even kinda naiv to open doors to this people, which are not cheked out...

Anonymous said...

Ofra, I agree.

Amusing Bunni said...

I'm not opening my door to anyone. I'm answering how many people, sending certified mail, and that's it! This is going to be bad for us, with these commies in charge. Where's General Patton when you need him now,? darn, spinning in his grave.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Sig94, that's what the Second Amendment accessories are for.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.