Pages

September 21, 2010

Make An Offer He Can't Refuse

Let's Get Ready To Ruuuuuuumble!

The New York gubernatorial campaign is building up a head of steam in preparation for a rock'em, sock'em slugfest between the Republican candidate Carl "Eat My Shorts" Paladino and his Democratic opponent Andrew "Pull My Provolone" Cuomo. This could be one of the wildest, frothing-at-the-mouth elections in several generations. I hope so. This state is so screwed up that I almost depair of anything good happening so I might as well be entertained.

ALBANY - Stung by Carl Paladino's below-the-belt attacks, an angry Andrew Cuomo summoned his war council on Monday to figure out how to fight back against his slash-and-burn GOP rival.

"If a guy says you have no cojones, how do you punch him back, call him an a--hole?" the Democratic gubernatorial candidate fumed in a secret talk to his team, one insider said.

"We have all this stuff [on Paladino] and we're on the defensive," Cuomo groused, the insider added.

Both these guys are gonna go to the mattresses. We got two hot-blooded piasons who want the same thing. One guy figures he's in because his father groomed him for it and the other one wants to break heads, he is so pissed at the way the State is being run by special interests and the unions.

[...]The counterattack planning session came after Paladino issued a taunting letter that questioned Cuomo's manhood, ripped his pop's performance as governor - and taunted him to "for the first time in your life be a man."

Paladino challenged Cuomo to a debate immediately after his shocking GOP primary victory last Tuesday against party favorite Rick Lazio. Cuomo hasn't responded.

I remember Mario Cuomo. Here's a guy who would not sign death penalty legislation because he wanted to remain faithful to his "strong" religious beliefs and then turns around and refuses to endorse anti-abortion legislation because he didn't want to force his religious beliefs on others. Typical shyster.

Other than giving each other occhiataccia, we'll see what damage they can do

I'm rooting for the long shot, Paladino.

Until Election Day, I'll just sit and watch. Take it easy.

See what turns up.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, God. The horse head. Good luck to Paladino. If nothing else, he has questioned Cuomo's mandhood. That is so rich. Whatever happens from here on is gravy.

Toaster 802 said...

As a good old boy from Buffalo myself, I will bet a beef on a weck,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck_sandwich

And 3 dozen Hot buffalo wings made the correct Western NY way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_Bar

That Paladino wipes the floor with sally boy mosque lover in a debate, but the unions, ethnic voting blocks depending on upstate money, and "statist" quo will give the state to "Sonny boi" Cuomo. After all, the new elite are a hereditary monarchy, and it is his birthright to be Governor after all, We the People be damned. I guess my coffee cup, the one that says find the stooge on it with pictures of Larry, Mario Cuomo, and curly is in style once again.

That is why our family farm failed. That is why Buffalo looks like Mogadishu. That is why I left NY more than a decade ago. No hope, no change, only pay, pay, pay...

All the money flows down the Hudson. All the theft, control, decrees and tyranny flows up the river. NY state will never have a chance until NYC goes it alone.

Since that is unlikely to happen anytime soon. Vote with your feet.

Left Coast Rebel said...

Love the graphics...this will shape up to be an interesting race!

Anonymous said...

Andrew Cuomo sleeps with the fishes.

Anonymous said...

I hope your Governor will be a masculine Governor. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty.

Anonymous said...

DC, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever.

Anonymous said...

RAHM:
"Now listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-bitch! Let me lay it on the line for you and your teabaggers, whoever they are. Carl Paladino will never get to be Governor! I don't care how many dago guinea WOP greaseball goombas come out of the woodwork!"

Subvet said...

Remember; take the cannoli and leave the gun.

sig94 said...

DC - We got a place. You'll be safe for a while until Nickie cools off. We're making sauce.

Whatever you do, don't take a bus.

sig94 said...

Toaster - ya got out. Goodonya. Everytime I leave they suck me back in! Nickie knows what I need...

sig94 said...

Left coast - let the bodies fall where they may. Cuomo will sleep with the pollsters. Or is that Spitzer's new gig? Never no mind.

sig94 said...

Zio - like Chicago, fishes vote in NYC.

sig94 said...

Subvet - so you're the guy leaving that stuff on my porch! Quit it! I'm almost as big as Nickie!

sig94 said...

Nickie - I gotta buncha half naked greasers here messing with da molding outsidda clubhouse. Dey sez you wanna them to come on the woodwoik? This is disgusting and I don wan my sistah seein' dis.

Lisa said...

I think a lot of people are underestimating the surprises that will come this November