Pages

June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!



To all you Dads out there, have a great day in your honor and enjoy your families.

I sit in my comfy chair this morning and tap away on my laptop thinking how blessed I am to be a father. I have four daughters - a great gift from God. I don't really need a special day to remind me of this. But it's nice to get a card and a little something from the kids anyway. After church we'll go to my oldest girl's house for dinner and mess with the grandkids. My two grandsons were both born in June so we're also celebrating their birthdays. My youngest grandson - he's having his very first birthday party today.

For the past twenty years Father's Day has always been a bittersweet memory for me. My Dad passed away on Father's Day, 1990. Tell your Dad you love him.

To those of you who have suffered the loss of one of your children, my heart goes out to you. One of my daughters is attached to a MI unit in Afghanistan and is preparing to cycle home next month. God has kept His hedge about her and she is safe. She sent me steaks (filet mignon) for Father's Day. It is a good day.

All my best,
Sig

PS - She loves Ma Duece

11 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

May God bless you and yours, and especially the daughter "over there."

QPT said...

The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
http://thegreatquotes.com/2011/06/fathers-day/

Quite Rightly said...

Happy Father's Day, Sig!

Undergroundpewster said...

Prayers for you and yours.

Unknown said...

Hope all you Dads enjoy your Fathers Day. My God Bless You All!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my Dad for showing me what a man is supposed to be.

Teresa said...

Happy Father's Day! May God keep our troops safe.

sig94 said...

My congrats and thanks to all you Dads and Moms out there. It was a completely beautiful day for Central NY - blue skies, just the right temp and a comfortable breeze. I just got home from a wonderful party, and with a new shirt to boot! I spent almost an hour on the phone with my Soldier Girl early this afternoon. She is so excited about coming home. We can't. We are driving down to Ft. Bragg in late July to welcome her Brigade home.

Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day

Kid said...

Sig, She is beautiful and talented. You're a lucky man regards the whole family. Good stuff, sounds like a fantastic day.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Happy Fathers Day!