Pages

November 20, 2009

Memo to Conservatives: Call your Senators today

Today ... call the Senate @ 202-224-3121 to urge them to vote "No" on the motion to proceed to debate on Harry Reid's bill.

My understanding is that the stakes are high: If they get 6o votes then some sort of bill will come out of the Senate. If they don't get 60 votes tomorrow night, then the whole effort for the feds to take over the healthcare system is on life-support. Got it?

So, call. I just did and the circuits are jammed. Good. I'll call back later.

BTW, don't you appreciate these weekend votes while the whole nation is watching the Texas Longhorns play football (or should be doing so)? The vote is scheduled for 8 PM EST Saturday night, when Senate offices are closed and Harry Reid can work his magic by stuffing those Christmas stockings without people watching. Lovely transparency and courage, don't you know?

To all of you who voted for Obama and huge Demo majorities under the guise of more "openness and transparency" (and also have brought us to the brink of this calamity), from the bottom of my heart ...

Thank you again, you ignorant putzes.

9 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I will man the phones again today. We can't afford to let up now.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the same. I only wish we could somehow make them hear the sound of the American public pounding angrily on the locked doors of the Senate.

Perhaps this is the next best thing.

RightKlik said...

Call, fax, email, blog, tweet. Show up at the Capitol. Do anything and EVERYTHING you can, today AND tomorrow.

Call your senators and then call senators from other states. If you can't vote their state, you can contribute to their opponents. Don't let anybody off the hook, they're trying to tell you what to do across state lines.

Forget the weekend fun and games.

Show up for the Million Med March tommorrow! It will be all over the country. You don't have to be a health care worker. Show up and let your voice be heard!

Fredd said...

I hate to look at this from the negative side, but Mary Landrieu's (D-LA)vote seems to have been coaxed from the middle of the fence to Harry's side by a few measly 100 million dollars of pork, I think Harry's 'stash' is going to carry the day and get this thing onto the Senate floor for debate.

All is not lost if this does pass tomorrow, but it sure would be sweet to see it go down, even by one lousy vote.

NOTE: I will be watching the Texas vs KU game, but probably hoping against hope (Kansas really stinks this year) for different results than you are. Go Ducks.

Rhod said...

My Senators are the slime Chris Dodd and the occasionally right-minded Joe Liberman.

Dodd's a lost cause. Joe is on our side, for now.

Hack said...

This is outright war!

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, you ignorant putzes.

I agree. I also hope some of them are reading this, seriously I do.

Anonymous said...

I agree, guy. I think I have "call sign" now.

Now, goodnight, you ignorant putzes.

The Malcontent said...

Here's the stupid automatic reply that I got from Schumcky Schummer.

Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues – this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://schumer.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.

Warmest regards


WARMEST REGARDS, MY AZZ..