Pages

September 19, 2012

Karate Kalila


It's not every day that you read about something like this in a Muslim country.
From the Daily News:
A mouthy Iranian cleric spent three days in the hospital after he was savagely beaten by a woman he criticized for having her head partly uncovered, state news reported.

Hojatoleslam Ali Beheshti, a mid-level cleric in the northern province of Semnan, was on his way to a mosque in the town of Shahmirza when he spotted the woman's veil looking loose and warned her to cover up, Mehr news agency reported.

"You cover your eyes," she shot back according to the news agency.
Now she drops into a fighting stance and starts her kata. Then again, with all that covering material, it could have been Khalil the Couscous Cross Dresser underneath the veil. Whomever it was, poor Ali Beheshti's world is about to come crashing down around his keffiyeh.
When Beheshti repeated the warning, the woman got aggressive, the cleric said.

"Not only didn't she cover herself up, but she also insulted me. I asked her not to insult me anymore, but she started shouting and threatening me," Beheshti said.

"She pushed me and I fell to the ground on my back," he continued.

"From that point on, I don't know what happened. I was just feeling the kicks of the woman who was beating me up and insulting me."

Behshti said he spent three days in the hospital after the beat-down.
Makes you think how different the world might be right now if only a woman with martial arts training had been around to kick the Prophet's ass some 1400 years ago.

10 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

She packed heat under that burqa.

JaneofVirginia said...

I admire this woman, but I wonder how safe she is for doing such a thing in her country. What will the legal fall out be ?

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

A wonderful world it would be.

Silverfiddle said...

That is funny. Excellent find!

Subvet said...

So she just opened a can of "Whoopass" and spread it all over his mouthy bod. That'll learn him!

sig94 said...

Pewster - that and a size 12 it seems.

sig94 said...

Jane - I would hope that under all that Islamic garb, it would be impossible to identify her. For once the expression, "They all look alike to me" would really be true. It's like getting the crap kicked out of you by a sea of penguins.

sig94 said...

Odie - Wasn't that Herman's Hermits?

sig94 said...

Subvet - I have a funny feeling that Ali is beyond learning.

Kid said...

Right to the point Sig. :)

I think it was inebbidabble though over there. The using of the women thing.