Pages

March 28, 2014

Sports Wisdom

"I won't know until my barber tells me on Monday."
- Knute Rockne, when asked why Notre Dame had lost a game

"I tell him 'Attaway to hit, George.'"
- Jim Frey, K.C. Royals manager when asked what advice he gives George Brett on hitting

"I learned a long time ago that 'minor surgery' is when they do the operation on someone else, not you."
- Bill Walton, PortlandTrial Blazers

"Our biggest concern this season will be diaper rash."
- George MacIntyre, Vanderbilt football coach surveying the team roster that included 26 freshmen and 25 sophomores.

"The only difference between me and General Custer is that I have to watch the films on Sunday."
- Rick Venturi, Northwestern football coach


"My knees look like they lost a knife fight with a midget."
- E.J. Holub, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker regarding his 12 knee operations

H/T Theo Spark


And something for naval aviators.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.
- Author Unknown

1 comment:

Doom said...

Oh, that last piece? Yeah. Perhaps not a night landing on a carrier... But I've certainly enjoyed the experience a time or three myself. It... never gets old. Yum!

I love, though, as is generally noted, just how simple wisdom is. Everyone wants to know the secret. The secret is? There isn't any secret. But you just can't tell some people.