Pages

October 7, 2016

Banging My Head Against The Wall

I admit it. I'm getting worn down by all the bullshit.

Day after day after day - the constant lies, the never ending corruption of the highest offices in the country has taken a toll on me. And I blame my fellow citizens for it. Therefore I must also blame myself.

We have allowed this to happen. Our sense of outrage is muted, civilized. What would have had us raging in the streets with torches and lengths of rope now only produces emails and texts. Why are there no marches on Washington?

So many Americans have allowed their moral compass to become rusty from lack of use. America's condition brings to mind Isaiah 53:6 -
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."
But God in His wisdom is allowing this to happen. It has happened throughout history to every civilization and we are no different. Just a bit more short-lived than the Romans or the British Empire.

We were warned by John Adams that, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” 

A limited government will only be successful when the people it governs limits their own actions. When we fail to internalize moral laws, these laws must be imposed from without. Since man is the source of these imposed laws, they are imposed by imperfect men; therefore they can and must reflect the hearts of men. And scripture warns us that the hearts of mankind are desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9). We are seeing this in action as we have for so many years. It's just more out in the open. As attacks on Christ-based belief systems increase, so evil increases. This is what we are experiencing with sexual perversion, Satanism, etc.

Nothing to see here people. It's just business as usual for mankind.
Let's move on.


7 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

I feel your pain. A couple of days ago I compared things to the Old Testament stories of Samuel and when the people wanted a king and they got what they deserved in Saul. I summed it up by writing,

"I am afraid that many Americans believe that the President is like a king or queen, some sort of superhuman who will solve their problems. This couldn't be farther from what our founding fathers had planned. The people have developed a dependency on the government to act as king rather than relying on God. The consequences for our nation of such an attitude will be as grim to us as the desire of the Israelites to have a king was to them for they wound up with years of kings who did things that were evil in the sight of the Lord, resulting in invasion, subjugation, and exile. Do we want the same thing?

There is no way to put a positive spin on the current cast of characters so I have to look to the place I should have been looking towards all along. Moving forward, I will pray to God that he will restore our republic and teach His people to place their faith in Him rather than in human leaders. The only thing I am afraid of is the method God will choose to teach us this important lesson. It might be a harsh lesson."

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

When you remove God from any equation be it personal, National or World experience this is what transpires and this has been proven time and again.

To compound what you, I and many others are witnessing is that there is no real education be delivered at any level, period. Being this has been going on at an ever increasing (decreasing if you will) levels, this has had IMHO, a direct assault on what is commonly known as "common sense".

I had been taught that this trait of common sense was one that some people had and others did not from birth, with the latter group being much smaller.

The opposite in group size is reversed today and it is my firm belief now that common sense has a direct correlation to a sound and realistic education. Solid parenting is also involved here, but my interactions lead me to see that real quality education is not only paramount to real knowledge but also the trait of common sense, which without a government by the people in all but impossible.

Now somebody tell me that our current condition is not by design, I dare ya.

Doom said...

There are too many among us, allowed in, who could never control themselves. Their fault? The thing is, as with the mule and white-tail deer, the more aggressive will win out, the other will disappear, unless a choice is made. Or, maybe, with the demographics as they are, it is simply too late.

The pipe was played, the piper must be paid. A bunch of little choices. Too few children, to great of demand on systems and a belief in government, a belief in magic smoke and mirrors, and a greed for much that knows no bound. I've only been pseudo conscious the last few years of most of my adult life. I'm not taking much of the load here. I am actually just hoping I can either die before it hits or crawl somewhere a bit safer and just skip the mini-apocalypses.

That you accept your part of it puts you well ahead of the rest. Some suggest, that as disabled, I should have ended it. But you know, first that is wrong... second... I did, several times. Wasn't my call, I realized, at some point. Yeah, ahead of the game, both... if I had to come from really far behind myself.

LL said...

We are generally speaking, a "wicked people", so electing Barack twice makes sense. Hillary's popularity (with Trump the option) is also explained.

LL said...

PS - When the wanton murder of babies in utero reaches 60% in a city the size of New York, and the sale of their bodies to the highest bidder to buy sports cars, mansions and yachts is glorified by political leaders, why not Barack and Hillary?

Brig said...

We have allowed this, and therefore are part of the problem. It has been too easy too long when no one wants to actually fight for what they know it their hearts is right.

Kid said...

I'm with ya Sig. Really tiring if you pay any attention to it.

I don't to a very large extent, the largest in fact. Like I'm sharpening my pencil figuring out who to vote against........